Screen protectors are the best option to protect our mobile or tablet from accidents and, why not, protect our pocket from having to pay for a new touch. Today we share how to remove the screen protector without damaging the mobile.
Unfortunately, not even the best screen protector in the world is totally resistant, so they can also break and you will need to get a new one.
Sometimes, the accumulation of bubbles or dirt under the protector makes it uncomfortable and we need to remove it to enjoy our screen again.
But, if you are going to change your screen protector it is important that you learn to remove it correctly to avoid damaging your device.
Therefore, in Tablet Parts we have prepared this guide with all the steps you need to remove the screen protector without damaging the phone. Let’s go there!
How to remove the screen protector without damaging the mobile
As you will see below, you can use different methods to remove your old screen saver.
All are effective, as long as you do it carefully, so arm yourself with patience before putting it into practice.
To remove the screen protector without damaging the phone, you will need a tool that allows you to remove any of the edges.
For this, it is best to use a card that you have in your wallet, it can be the credit card, a credential, your identity document or the supermarket.
- To start, choose one of the corners of the protector that you find most detached. If all are well attached, then choose any of them.
- Take your card and try to lift the corner of the protector you have selected, by inserting the card into the edge. It is important that you do not exert too much pressure, or much force, as you could end up spoiling your mobile screen.
- Once you manage to lift the corner of the protector, start slowly inserting the card to separate the glass and reach the other corner.
- When you get two of the corners off, proceed to insert the card in the center of the mobile and slide it carefully until the screen protector is removed. This is how to remove the screen protector without damaging the mobile.
- Get an adhesive tape whose glue is very powerful.
- Adhere a generous piece of tape over one of the corners of the screen protector.
- Pull the tape and, when you notice that the edge of the protector has separated from the screen, take it with your fingers and start to slowly peel it off.
With a hairdryer
Plugin the dryer with the minimum heat temperature.
Start hot air on the screen protector of your mobile. Be careful not to overheat the device, as you could damage it.
After hot air, select one of the corners of the screen protector and separate it carefully until all the protector is removed.
Once you have removed the screen protector, you will need to clean the screen with a microfiber towel and remove the glue or dirt that has stuck to it.
If you are placing a new screen protector, make sure you follow the correct steps.
You must clean your device before proceeding to the placement so that the new tempered glass can stick properly.
If you have ended up damaging your mobile when trying to remove the screen protector, do not be alarmed!